GBC have announced that due to Covid-19 pandemic, it will be revising its television programming. Programming will commence Friday 27th March with weekday programmes starting as from at 4pm and weekends at 2pm.
Breast Cancer Support Gibraltar has donated £30,000 to help purchase supplies for the GHA.
GBC last night announced the winners of the GBC Sports Awards, celebrating sporting achievement in 2019.
Government Introduces Price Control Measures As OFT Receives “Numerous Complaints” About Alleged Profiteering
Further to the Office of Fair Trading’s (OFT) investigation into inflated prices for high demand goods as a result of the Coronavirus crisis, the OFT says it has received numerous complaints in respect of businesses allegedly profiteering from the sale of goods that are in short supply and key towards our mitigation of the spread of the virus.
- New scheme created: Business & Employee Assistance Terms (BEAT)
- Eligible businesses to be given “direct financial support” to be able to retain their staff and pay them their salaries at a fixed rate
- Self-employed and those on zero hours contracts also eligible for help
- Rate will be £1,155 per month for a full-time employee
- CM warns against abuse: “serious criminal penalties for providing false or erroneous information”
The Chief Minister has announced a series of measures and extensive fiscal support to help both businesses and employees who have been affected by the COVID-19 crisis.
The Leader of the Opposition Keith Azopardi and Shadow Finance Minister Roy Clinton met the Chief Minister and Financial Secretary to discuss the economic package of measures announced today. This follows meetings over the weekend between Government and CELAC.
The Understanding Gibraltar Group has launched a crowdfunding campaign together with five local charities who work with the most vulnerable in the community.
BabySTEPPs says it has donated £5000 to the GHA COVID-19 donations account.